East Lauderdale County Water and Fire Protection Authority was established in 1974 to provide drinking water to the eastern section of Lauderdale County. The system has approximately 500 miles of water line and three storage tanks. The Authority strives to provide quality water and customer service to all our customers while protecting the surrounding environment. We currently serve over 3100 customers.
East Lauderdale Water Authority has three board members. Board members are appointed by the Lauderdale County Commission and serve six year terms.
- Terry Herston – Chairman
- Prentiss Romine – Vice Chairman
- Ronnie Walton – Secretary/Treasurer
Ronnie Woodard is our utility manager responsible for the day-to-day operations of the system.
Each customer must pay a deposit and connection fee to open a water account.
- Meter Deposits for home owners: $50.00
- Meter Deposits for renters: $100.00
- Connection fee: $50.00
- Re-Connection fee: $50.00
- After Hours Re-Connection fee: $60.00
- Returned check fee: $30.00
An answering service is available for all after hour emergencies. Call 256-247-1606.